Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 6 - activity goals

It's amazing how much better you can feel just by doing a little bit of walking each day. When I hit my 14-point activity goal earlier in the week, I decided that perhaps I should boost my weekly goal up to 20 points instead. Well, I'm already past that, too. I need to start thinking of better ways to challenge myself actively. It's not the easiest thing right now, what with not having a gym membership, and it being dark for 2/3 of the day. But I think I'll start trying some of the exercise videos with OnDemand. Maybe I'll try out some new things over the next week or two, and keep a careful record of what I'm doing and how it makes me feel, and use that to help set my goals.

In addition to losing weight, I do want to set other activity goals for myself. I would really like to be able to run long distances within the next year or so. And by long, I'm not talking a marathon, just a couple of miles or so. I would also like to work on becoming more flexible, and stronger in general. One very specific thing that I would like to attain, is the ability to stand up from a criss-cross applesauce position without using my hands. I remember that being one of our fitness tests in gym class in grade school, and it was so exciting when I was able to do it. Imagine my excitement when I'm able to do it again now that I truly understand how difficult it can be. :)


1 comment:

  1. have you ever taken Zumba?? I recently started taking it at the gym I joined a month ago and love it! It's fun and can be a high intensity cardio work out

    ReplyDelete