Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 10 - Bingo!

Yesterday was a pretty hectic day for me. We switched classrooms over the weekend, and I moved into a room where I am much busier, and don't get any breaks to do things like sit down, pee, or have a snack. I could barely take a sip of water. I went home for lunch, as usual, and had two servings of clam chowder for 10 points. All that cream and potatoes was exactly what I needed to energize me for the rest of the day. But by the time I got home from work at 3:30, I was wiped. I knew that part of it was hunger, but a huge part of it was just that I had woken up so early to send my cousin off to the boat. So I made myself a big plate of fruit, and sat down on the couch for an hour before going off to teach a guitar lesson. I walked to the lesson, carrying two guitars (it was a first lesson for this student, so she's borrowing one of mine), and then my student's mother drove me to where I was meeting some friends in town for bingo. It seemed a little bit like fate that I had just enough points for the day to order my favorite meal there, which I had already calculated a few days ago.

I think that's going to be a huge part of my success, because I do enjoy going out to eat, and it is often one of the only social things to do here in the winter. So I'm going to make it a point to make a list of my most frequented restaurants, and figure out the PPV for some of my favorite dishes there, that way I don't have to think twice about going out. Or worry about figuring all of that stuff out in front of a group of people.

Another successful part of the night was that I realized I am already starting to feel more confident in social situations again. I was at a table where I didn't know 50% of the people prior to this, and I was back to my old talkative, social self with them. And, there were a few passersby that I may have thrown a coy smile or two. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment