Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 12 - mushroom meltdown

I had a very emotional day today. Not entirely sure why, but I somehow ended up crying over my mushrooms on my lunch break. This helped me realize how much of an emotional eater I once was, because I started craving carbs like nobody's business. Instead of indulging in things I knew weren't good for me, I made some tea and went back to work. It was hard. Really hard. But it made me feel better by the end of the day, knowing that I had the will-power to resist my cravings.

I'm hoping that this long weekend helps me relax a bit.

3 comments:

  1. Manda I'm so proud of you - this is an enormous accomplishment. Like, bigger than your three pound loss last week, by far. Because weight watchers isn't a diet but a lifestyle change, you will continue to have moments of great self-discovery. It's so good that you're open to them and willing and able to learn. So long as you're able to have and remember these experiences, they will continue to teach you the best way to achieve your goals.

    As well as helping you to realize your optional eating habits, this experience might also be telling you something about your physical eating habits. You might want to assess

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...if this experience is truly a result of your being hungry. Look at your tracker to see if you're hitting your good health guidelines and if you're getting enough protein and healthy fats in the morning. These are important to get you through until lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Optional in my first comment should be "emotional." thanks, auto-correct!

    ReplyDelete