Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 3 - tracking while traveling

I was a little nervous when I woke up this morning about my trip from Maryland to Nantucket., what with flying on standby and then depending on a bus, and then worrying whether it might be too busy to get here from the cape. Fortunately for me, however, every leg of the trip was positively flawless, so the only meal I had to deal with en route was breakfast. And, as usual, it was e-tools for the win! They have a lot of Au Bon Pain products already calculated, plus I used the barcode scanner to find out the PPV of a Naked mango juice.

Upon my arrival, I was picked up at the airport by a dear friend, who also took me to the grocery store and helped me earn some activity points this afternoon. I think next time I go grocery shopping, I'm going to do a little more leg-work beforehand and come up with a more specific list. The important thing was, I bought as many fruits and veggies as I thought I might eat over the next week or so. At the last meeting I went to, the leader reminded us that, "If you don't have it, you won't eat it."

Which reminds me. I think I'll pack a lunchbox for work tomorrow with some portioned snacks so that I'm not tempted to munch on snacks there without keeping track.

Tomorrow if my first Nantucket Weight Watchers meeting. I'm pretty excited. And even though it's only been 3 days, I'm also excited to weigh in again. I'm only 4 away from my goal activity points for the week, which I will earn by jogging to and from the meeting tomorrow!

Now to decide what I'll use those activity points on tonight... :)

1 comment: